The Great Wiper – List Poem
Who are you?
What are you good at?
What did/do you wipe?
- Shit coagulated with a puddle of urine. You are the best human being in the world if you can master this.
- Bums, with wipes that smell so good that I can wipe bums forever.
- Curdled milk sliding out of a teeny-weeny nostril (nightmares that I’d never forget).
- Vomit (triggered by a nasty burp) – this is bone-deep sorrow when you had suffered for an hour to make your kid eat.
- Slimy mucus that drips like rubber sap, which should be wiped before it reaches your kid’s lips.
- Dried-cereal mouth, because I had forgotten in the process of washing the cereal bowl and had to be reminded by a voice telling, ‘Mummy, mouth wash!’
- Tears, lots and lots of them, because I said no to something ridiculous that my kid did (one of those times when I become a bad mother in front of her eyes).
©Kavya Janani. U
Sign up to this website and you’ll receive a free PDF of my chapbook, Nux Poemica, in your email.
If you are in love with my poems, please consider purchasing a copy of my poetry collection – La Douleur Exquise.
You can check out my other list poems here: List Poems by Kavya Janani. U